This course is now FULLY BOOKED.
The aim of this course is to introduce yoga, meditation and breathing exercises into the classroom and to realise the benefits of these activities to both teachers and pupils. Participants will learn to appreciate the opportunities available for linkage and integration with other areas of the curriculum including many SPHE related themes, for example, bullying, child protection, physical and mental wellbeing.
This course will help participants to understand the importance of wellbeing for self-expression and different methodologies of how to approach it. Participants will gain more confidence working as a teacher in the primary school and to act as a leader to incorporate yoga, mindfulness and wellbeing as an everyday activity in the school (SSE). This course will include the following topics:
- Yoga, breath work and meditation.
- Meditation and non-meditation practice.
- Warm up activities, exercises and games.
- How to bring Yoga & Mindfulness into everyday life.
- Managing thoughts and feelings.
- Stress and how to manage it.
- Yoga Therapy for Special Educational Needs.
- To be more aware of the many opportunities to integrate Wellbeing/SPHE with other areas of the curriculum.